About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering environmental not-for-profit social enterprise using organic food and natural, ethical products to fund social and environmental projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years, we are the original good food shop supporting our community with organic wholefoods and conscious shopping options, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
Our ideal candidate will engage customers to identify their needs and utilise their passion, experience, or knowledge regarding sustainability, healthy living, and nutrition to educate customers and inspire the purchase of our products. In doing so, they are a changemaker in our community as increased revenue enables greater donations to local environmental and community-based projects to help create a better tomorrow.
Our Distinctive Customer Service Representatives work with the team and Store Manager with integrity so that we create a supportive and fun environment that empowers everyone to learn, grow, and thrive.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering distinctive customer service
- Answering and assisting customers to the very best of your ability and knowledge
- Fostering teamwork between the store team
- Connecting and sharing valuable information and best practices with other team members
- Working with your store manager to achieve store budgets
- Highlighting opportunities for improvement to your store manager
- Ensuring you stay up to date and informed on all products
- Arranging and maintaining merchandise on display, ensuring labelling is clear and correct
- Ensuring that all products made and/or sold are of the highest quality and freshness
- Implementing all systems and procedures for stock control
- Attending the tills as required
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the store
- Implementing all systems and procedures to reduce security issues, primarily in-store theft
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience with customer service and sales
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy engaging with customers and sharing information
- A passion for organic wholefoods, natural living, our community
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing instore discount
- A free drink from our cafe each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Store Manager
Remuneration: General Retail Industry Award. Permanent - Leve1 1
How to apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.