About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering environmental not-for-profit social enterprise using organic food and natural, ethical products to fund social and environmental projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years, we are the original good food shop supporting our community with organic wholefoods and conscious shopping options, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
We are looking for an experienced and outgoing cafe assistant/ barista to join our cafe team at our Byron Byron Store. We prefer a permanent part-time, but it may be a casual position if preferred by the candidate.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is upbeat and loves engaging with our customers while working efficiently to ensure customers are served quickly. This role benefits the local community by spreading wholehearted goodness and contributing to the generation of revenue to fund local community and environmental projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Connect and interact with both new and regular customers in a friendly, upbeat, energetic and engaged manner
- Make and serve coffees and teas with a variety of speciality milks
- Prepare juices and smoothies
- Serve options from our prepared food range (some heating up or basic preparation may required
- Maintain a clean and sanitised workstation
- Follow food, health and safety guidelines
- Adhere to recipes and presentations for food and beverage items to achieve consistency and required margins to attain budget
- Be punctual and have consistent attendance
- Contribute to a positive, fun and harmonious team environment
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Previous barista training/experience
- Experience in a cafe environment
- Experience with customer service and sales
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Please note in this role you will be on your feet for extended periods of time and at times solo as we are building up our sales post COVID
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing instore discount
- A free drink from our cafe each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Cafe Manager and Store Manager
Remuneration: General Retail Industry Award. Permanent Part time - Level 1-4 or Casual - Level 1-4. This can vary depending on experience and capabilities, especially around your barista and service skills.
How to apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.