We are looking for an Assistant Accounts Officer/Data Entry to join to We are looking for a Data Entry/Accounts Assistant to join our team at Santos Organics head office in Mullumbimby. This role is permanent part time - working 24 hours per week, flexible days and hours can be negotiated.
The role is to undertake administrative and financial tasks as directed by the Financial Controller. The Assistant Accounts Officer is responsible for ensuring quality consistency across accounts to spread wholehearted goodness and to be the change makers of our community by increasing our overall net profit.
You will work with our team with integrity so that the team and customers know we are creating an inclusive community through providing a supportive and fun environment that empowers everyone to learn, grow, and thrive.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Data entry of invoice payables
- Timely processing of all purchase orders and invoices for accounts payable including accurate GST and class information
- Maintain customer and supplier database in the accounting system
- End of month administrative and financial procedures
- Responsible for accurate and efficient accounts payable and receivable
- Accurate bank reconciliations
- Process of payroll when required (backup to current payroll officer)
- To maintain open and clear channels of communication with all members of the Santos team
- Foster teamwork amongst your team ensures effective systems, efficient processes and positive team morale
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Essential knowledge of XERO (or similar accounting packages).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, helpful if you are familiar with Google Drive/Docs, Dropbox, Deputy, and IDealPOS.
- Important to have a connection to our ethos (health, sustainability, NFP, community, etc.)
- An amazing in-store discount
- Our Mullumbimby location has a great garden and balcony to enjoy your breaks or walk around the biggest little town in Australia to find your next treasure
- This role has a lot of potential to touch our team in a deep way to help make a difference as our business grows and evolves with the changing times
- Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Reporting: Financial Controller
Remuneration: $25,000 - $28,000, plus superannuation per annum.
How to apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next: Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.