Santos Organics is committed to building a progressive earth-focused local and Australian community. Since 1975 we have been committed to providing our community with natural, organic and ethical food and product choices that take into account the interconnected web of life in which we live. We employ an ethics team to ensure the products we sell and the practices we employ are world-class in their focus on fairness, awareness and sustainability.
Working for Santos Organics is joining an organisation truly committed to pioneering the way for how consumer spending can re-shape the food system, the natural environment and the social conditions of our communities.
Operating as a not-for-profit means our profits get injected into community or environmental organisations rather than going into pockets. We donate to organisations who share our vision for a cleaner, healthier and more connected future.
Our locations are vibrant community spaces each reflective of the local demographic. Each store has a well-maintained garden to honour the plant life and the pollinating insects that feed us and sustain human health. Our stores are where people come together to make their health and environment conscious purchases count and if you ask any customer about shopping with us they will tell you “it feels good” and it truly does.
Santos Organics Warehouse Manager
Santos Organics is a pioneering not-for-profit environmental organization using organic food and natural products to fund social and environmental projects. To date, we have donated over $142,000 to local community projects.
Operating in the Byron Shire for 45 years we are the pinnacle of our community food system, creating a positive impact for the health of our community and the environment. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Warehouse Manager to develop new ways and drive innovation/ store performance. If you want to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
Santos Organics is looking for a reliable & enthusiastic full-time Warehouse Manager to oversee all warehouse operations, with a targeted start date in May. You will be responsible for managing your team with diligence and promoting Santos Organics to our customers and the local community. Warehouse logistics, inventory, and people management will all be pivotal in this role.
As an experienced Warehouse Manager, you are seeking an opportunity for your energy and effort to produce positive outcomes for people and the environment. You will be energetic, positive and vibrant with an environmental awareness and a passion for high-quality organic and local food/products. You will be a great leader with good attention to detail, have a solid background in warehouse logistics and the ability to think and act strategically.
- central Byron location,
- 38 hours per week (8:00am-4: 00 pm Mon-Fri),
- permanent contract,
- 4 weeks annual leave,
- high level of autonomy and responsibility,
- work with a passionate and dedicated team,
- play an integral role in a leading not-for-profit environmental and community focused organization.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- ideally management experience in warehousing, distribution, and logistics within the grocery and/or related retail experience (natural foods industry experience and manufacturing knowledge a plus),
- proven experience managing resources within budgetary constraints,
- highly developed people management, negotiation, communication, customer service and problem solving/conflict resolution skills,
- able to manage changing priorities and multi-task in a busy environment,
- excellent attention to detail and ability to take direction/follow through whilst leading a team,
- proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and inventory systems management software e.g. Xero/Dear
- experience in WH&S and risk assessment procedures,
- Manual handling required,
- must have a forklift license,
- able to work flexible hours,
- professional outlook and genuinely interested in developing self/supporting others’ development to achieve their full potential.
If you would value working for a highly respected brand and are passionate about developing your career, then we would love to hear from you.
Don’t miss your chance to join our success story! APPLY NOW!
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet our selection criteria/why you would like to join our passionate team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only applications deemed most suited to the position will be contacted.