Why work for Santos Organics?
Santos Organics is committed to building a progressive earth-focused local and Australian community. Since 1975 we have been committed to providing our community with natural, organic and ethical food and product choices that take into account the interconnected web of life in which we live. We employ an ethics team to ensure the products we sell and the practices we employ are world-class in their focus on fairness, awareness and sustainability.
When you work for Santos Organics you will be joining a team who are pioneering the way for how consumer spending can re-shape the food system, environment and our communities. We run on 100% renewable energy and are an environmental not-for-profit
Operating as a not-for-profit means our profits get injected into community or environmental organisations rather than going into pockets. We donate to organisations who share our vision for a cleaner, healthier and more connected future.
Our locations are vibrant community spaces each reflective of the local demographic. Each store has a well-maintained garden to honour the plant life and the pollinating insects that feed us and sustain human health. Our stores are where people come together to make their health and environment conscious purchases count and if you ask any customer about shopping with us they will tell you “it feels good” and it truly does.
Social Media and Marketing Assistant (Head Office, Mullumbimby)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Marketing Assistant in a permanent part-time role at our beautiful Heritage listed head office in Mullumbimby. Starting with 16 hours p/week (across two or three days between Tues-Thus), there is scope for the role to increase to 24 hours in the next year.
Our ideal candidate is someone who lives and breathes all things social media, story telling and content creation; is passionate about the health food industry and keen to make a difference in the world by joining a not-for-profit on a mission to be the guiding light of conscious change for good food, harmonious living and environmental action.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for developing and administering engaging social media content to build strong online communities across our various social media platforms; act as the key merchandising contact between marketing and store teams to ensure displays, signage and other in-store elements align with our brand, retail strategy and seasonal campaings; as well as supporting the marketing manager with content creation and development of marketing material across various touchpoints.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan, create and schedule ongoing content across all social media channels ensuring content is on brand, optimised for engagement and aligns with the overall marketing strategy, content strategy and retail calendar
- Copy writing and storytelling across all social media platforms, including writing targeted content for the website
- Working with the marketing manager to develop paid social media campaigns that help to achieve marketing goals and objectives
- Drive engagement, audience growth and website traffic through engaging content and product placement
- Weekly monitoring of social media accounts, including responding to and engaging directly with customers
- Weekly reporting and ongoing collecting and reviewing of social media data to develop more effective content and campaigns
- Stay up to date on social media trends, identify and suggest social opportunities to grow our brand and social audience
- Support store managers with planning, developing and improving merchandising strategies
- Support the marketing manager in the development and distribution of marketing and promotional material
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in social media management
- Proven experience with marketing and merchandising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, previous experience of copy writing and storytelling highly regarded
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- A high degree of organisation and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform is required
- Team player with ability to also work independently
- Past experience with photography, videography and/or graphic design beneficial but not essential
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Marketing Manager
Why work for Santos Organics?
When you work for Santos Organics you will be joining a team who are pioneering the way that consumer spending can re-shape the food system, environment and our communities. We run on 100% renewable energy and are an environmental not-for-profit
Please send your resume to peopleandculture@
What happens next?
Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.
For general expressions of interest:
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.