Suits: GF, DF, Nightshade free, Vegan. Ingredients - Dosas: 300 gm / 1½ cups Jasmine rice 100 gm / ½ cup Split red lentils 10 gm / 1 tbsp Fenugreek seeds 500 ml / 2 cups Water Coconut oil (for...
Flood Relief: Community Needs
Remember: Many locations have needs that change hourly. Come prepared with your own food and gear. Please dress safely and appropriately. For regular updates and information, see @floodsrecovery2022 Instagram page.
Update: all the hubs urgently need volunteers to help with on-the-ground clean up and recovery efforts. Please visit @floodsrecovery2022 or @byron_rangers for more information and to help.
- Murwillimbah- 3-6 Brisbane st, Murwullimbah
- Lismore - Koori Mail: 11 Molesworth st, Lismore @koorimailnewspaper OR 117 Magellan st, Lismore OR Lismore Showgrounds, 116 Alexandra pde, North Lismore
- Woodburn- McGreary Bros: 9630 Pacific Highway, Woodburn
- Wardell - Wardell War Memorial Hall, 49 Richmond st, Wardell
- Broadwater - Broadwater Community Hall, Little Pitt st, Broadwater
Please also see our social media handles, Instagram - @santosorganics or www.facebook.com/SantosOrganics for regular updates and supportive information. We have created a ‘Flood Support’ Icon in our Instagram Highlights, where you can find recent flood support information shared in that one location.
For those wanting to support on-the ground clean up efforts, visit @floodsrecovery2022 for the most up-to-date information. On their website: www.recoveryproject2022.com people can register as a volunteer wanting to help or if they need help. Lismore still needs more volunteers to keep on top of the clean ups and there are a lot of other areas incl. down south (Broadwater, Wardell, Corokai, etc…) that need ongoing support from all neighbouring communities.
For up-to-date information, resources, volunteering and other ways to help - please visit @floodsrecovery2022 @byron_rangers @revivethenorthernrivers Instagram pages.
Some local, community-owned fundraisers that Santos Organics recommends includes:
- Floods Recovery 2022 (@floodsrecovery2022): Community-powered disaster relief, sharing important updates and information on their social media page: The Recovery Project | A Sound Life LTD (Powered by Donorbox)
- Bundjalung Community Flood Relief - by Koori Mail (@koorimailnewspaper): for Bundjalung rural and isolated communities. Koori Mail is WHOLLY owned by five Bundjalung Aboriginal community organisations, currently assisting and raising funds for communities that have been affected after the devastating impacts of the most recent flood. Here is the GoFundMe fundraiser: https://gofund.me/26ef7126
- Byron Rangers (@byron_rangers): BR are organising over 3,000+ volunteers to support the flood recovery, which is a big task and they need help. They are also assisting with emergency and crisis accommodation for locals in need. Donation for Northern Rivers Floods Clean Up – Byron Rangers
- Northern Rivers Flood Relief Fund (@nrfloodrelieffund): A grass-roots, community-led flood recovery fund initiated by NRCF and Byron Community Centre, supporting the whole Northern Rivers region. The Northern Rivers Flood Relief Fund\
- Echo Newspaper (@echopublications) Northern Rivers independent newspaper since 1986. Byron Bay's newspaper has also started a Fundraiser, here is the link: Fundraiser by Simon Haslam : Echo Northern Rivers 2022 Flood Donation appeal (gofundme.com)
Other Fundraising Suggestions:
Caring for Animals
WWF - Emergency Flooding Appeal: Helping wildlife survive and recover from these devastating floods: https://donate.wwf.org.au/donate/emergency-floods
RSPCA NSW: Getting food and medication to pets displaced by the floods: https://www.rspcansw.org.au/donate
National Charities that are helping
GIVIT - Storms and Flooding Appeal: 100% of the money received by GIVIT will be used to purchase essential items for people affected by floods in New South Wales: https://www.givit.org.au/donate-funds?appealId=223
Red Cross - QLD & NSW Floods Appeal: https://www.redcross.org.au/floodsappeal/
Vinnies - NSW Flood appeal: https://donate.vinnies.org.au/.../vinnies-nsw-flood-appeal
Every little bit helps...
With love from everyone at Santos Organics